Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Acting


09 May 2012



I was always a chatter box growing up. I was told once I first talked I never stopped (rolling eyes). I find this statement made by sarcastic family members to be absurd.   I had to stop to catch my breath and I am sure as there are the heavens and Earth, I surely did not sleep talk. I do admit looking at some home videos I am on a mission to destroy. My family find my expression and impersonations hilarious, brilliant and cute. Oh Yeah! I agree with them but it is so embarrassing to look at.
 Mum insists the guy I someday decide to bring home to marry will have to watch every home video and look at all my pictures.
 I feel doubt in my heart, doubt she does not want to see me marry. (Head down).
At the age of eight and nine or was it nine or ten, ummh, (Old Age) my mother enrolled me at Academy of Speech and Drama. Maeshni Naicker was my drama teacher who acted in “Broken Promises” as Saras. After two years off sending me to Speech and Drama Mother dearer had come to a conclusion which is…..
It added to my dramatic self, consequences are frightening.
Thankfully I was a monitor at class. The one time my teacher made another learner the monitor my name went on the board for talking before my teacher could leave the classroom. (Yikes)
Drama is my passion. Friends at Campus (University of Kwa-Zulu Natal Edgewood) call me DQ-Drama Queen

and I am not willing to let out any other nicknames from my childhood at this point. (Talk to the hand).  I wanted to do drama but my mum said there is not much money there, well years ago; times have altered the state of the work place and opportunities. I could have easily done drama or arts and culture as learning area but I did not want added drama (Stress), no pun intended (Giggles).

Choosing an intermediate and senior phase (Grade 4-9) in Bachelor of Education is the only phase that bridges both the primary and high schools therefore this meant being flexible with various subjects. One core module is called LAS (Learning Area Studies) comprising of Social Science one term and Arts culture the Second. The arts culture component requires you to develop a production comprising of song and dance for twelve minutes performed in a theatre with lecturers being present and sitting as Judges. We had to choose a History Topic and do a play about the History topic of your choice.
There is more….you needed to have lighting, props and it is open to the rest of the campus.
I feel like I am giving this description to learners and it is for marks (Oh my word, laughing out loud)
The highlight is I played an Indian man who falls in love with the maid and comes in drunk to his engagement to another young lady (Indian) there after running away with the maid.
Phew!!!! (Wiping sweat of face)
I looked so much like a man that I felt so odd using the ladies toilet, I got a shock when I looked at myself in the mirror in the Tinkle room (my nick for the Loo). I was like AAAh man (African American accent). It scared me so much to know I was behaving like a man, before the play I met a few friends male and female who went right pass me. Guys shook my hand and said What Kind bru. I was like Luka bru, how it’s vying. I was convincing until the dress room got cluttered. This dude looks at my Glimmer stick facial hair. Shock hit him I thought he was going to run on the stage. That was a good sign; the horrific moment was when I was even followed by other sexualities.
After the play when our group got together to take a few memorable snap shots. I told my friends WAIT!!! They asked me why? All confuzzled (confused). I told them my Shirt is not in my pants. They all burst out laughing but I saw no harm in what I said in the first few seconds. Delayed action I laughed mouth opened 30 seconds later. It was cheese time and mouth closed time (Flash).

While walking to the change rooms I bounced and walked. After dressing up from my man suit to my girlish clothes. I felt so odd and this my friends made me appreciate being me. Not me being a man (C’mon). Made me appreciate being my true self.
 What if I put a show for people making them to believe I am one type of person but in a different setting or behind closed doors I am someone totally opposite to who I really am?
People put masks on to be accepted by people because of attention (Spotlight), to fulfil expectations of others and peer pressure. If I had to please all the people in my life I will be so unhappy.

Think of all the people in your life at present.
A lot huh?
Imagine pleasing each and every individual.
Pressurizing and impossible
BUT
Friends in Christ Jesus
Pleasing God can make life easier than you think.
When I was at home I was a different girl compared to being at church and the same in School and with friends. It was difficult to stay as one person everywhere and even more difficult to decide which person I want to be everywhere.
Pulling off an act is easy but one slip up can melt your make up from your face like a hot summer’s day. Yeah I experienced that once, okay twice (Nose growing).
Are u split personality (Schizophrenia/ (Schizophrenic)?
In the play called “LIFE” are you playing a dual role?
Leading a double life can confuse you when you forget which role you playing
What role do you play, rather how do you play it?
You can fool everyone but you cannot fool God
You can lie to everyone but you lying more to yourself
I’d be lying to you to say it was easy changing, the popular one and life of the party but who says I am not popular now and not partying. Now the Angels and enemy knows me and my name and I party in the Heavens. God? He always knew me I just chose not to know him at that time. Sad huh!
Make a choice today and make the right choice
Be one person
Choose a person you are in every act and scene but better it
Be the person Jesus wants you to be
Be like Jesus
Christ likeness



No comments: