Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 August 2012

The Bride of Christ



Weddings are exciting to attend, dressing up and meeting all different types of people apart from your family members and friends.
Do you not wonder what the other side looks like and is all about?
 It is great if both sides blend in well.
Who will catch the bouquet?
My favourite wedding to attend: a Christian wedding for it is short and sweet. My favourite part of a Christian wedding is “you may now kiss the bride” just kidding hehehehe although reflecting back at weddings I remember seeing rock n roll kissers, shy kissers, some needed a stop watch. Too much information. (TMI)
My favourite part is, for real now, when the Pastor asks “Does anybody object or disagree with this union”
I bite my bottom lip to prevent my obvious smirk. On the corner of my dark brown eyes I glance around me. Not too much now because I do not want to be permanently squint (crazy laugh).
Hot part is the Pastor looking at loved ones, friends and family present as if he is awaiting someone whom objects to be seated in congregation. I understand its protocol but it is funny to me. At my wedding I will look at my toes because I would probably laugh. Truth is I might be too emotional.

At Indresen (Mothers first cousin) and Melissa Chetty’s wedding which took place in NG Church in Malvern 6th June 2008. All the single girls were called to make their way to the front of the hall to run/jump like crazy for the bouquet, of course. I refused to go but my loud mouth uncle made sure he shouted out my name so the whole hall full of people waited for me to get to the front. I acted as if it was not me but the Master of Ceremony refused to go on without me and did mention my name is beautiful (Blush, Blush) so I said what the sugary dumpling. Let me just make my in front.

I remember going for Teresha and Bradley’s wedding (Jan 2011) at the Rose Garden. Beautiful! My first garden wedding I attended. After taking pictures out with the glamorous couple we had to make our way out from the spot lights because the line waiting to take their photographs was pretty long hey. I was trying to be helpful to people standing in line. I was thinking of me. I am impatient, Lines are what I dread; maybe this is why I dislike shopping so much.
Don’t look so shocked, I do, I am not lying.
I do like Clicks and Woolworths lines, they move super-fast.
I tried to walk away fast but I had limited place (memory does not allow access as to why the space was limited). My heel of my gladiator sandals dug into the table cloth which leads to the table which behind stood the couple smiling for photographs. Did I mention the beautiful sweet smelling bouquets where on this particular table not forgetting delicious wedding cake. Thank goodness I realized it before the next family in line had a picture with special lightings and side effects and before I was banned from attending weddings. I would have been embarrassed and feel bad to see all that cake go to waste.

Christopher, mum and I just joined Kainos Covenant community in November 2008 and was invited to Delia and Kevin Govender’s wedding December, 13, 2008. My mother cried throughout the wedding all because of Delia having similar features, complexion and built as me.

 All our tissues were finished that day. I felt I watched myself walk down the aisle already, not many people experience this, unless your twin beats you to marriage.

Lets us focus on the bride, besides her wearing something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Bride wears a veil symbolising purity, a crown saying she will be a queen to her husband and is her father’s princess.
The bride of Christ must be pure. When a couple marry they become one. There is intimacy (post called intimacy with our creator) through sexual intercourse. I am not trying to be perverse, Get my point; the souls are intertwined in this process. Can you imagine Christ coming for an impure bride?
The reality is the bride is the body of Christ and the bride needs to get her act straight because Christ will come soon. We are living in crucial times; the book of revelations has become reality. What else do you want to happen for you to straighten up a crippled bride?


No comments: